Stedmanís Plus Spellchecker
New for the year 2007. The fast and accurate way to spell check medical reports, articles, research papers, presentations, documents and communications. Stedmanís Plus Spellchecker has been providing medical, pharmaceutical, and bioscience terms to specialists of medical language for nearly fifteen years. Healthcare professionals rely on Stedmanís Plus for the most comprehensive medical spellchecking available. Stedmanís Plus Spellchecker provides authoritative content along with medical and pharmaceutical terminology.
Located at: http://www.dictran.com/medical -dictionaries.html.
Stedmanís Abbreviations, Acronyms & Symbols 3rd Edition
The medical terminology needed in print and on PDA, all for one great low price. One for your bookshelf and the other for when you are on the goóStedmanís Abbreviations are right there with you when you need them. The new, third edition provides over 70,000 medical terms that allow users to comply with the new JCAHO mandate for standardized hospital abbreviations. Also included are thousands of new abbreviations for specialties including anatomy, physiology, internal medicine, pathology, laboratory medicine, organisms, infectious diseases, plastic surgery, ENT, dentistry, alternative medicine and endocrinology.
Order from this Website http://www.dictran.com/medical-dictionaries.html.
Document Counting Utilities Line Counters
WordTraverse is a most comprehensive and easy to use line counter and invoicing system. WordTraverse is an automated Microsoft Word bulk document counting utility with the capability to invoice. The software is primarily used by transcription companies and businesses that charge by rates based upon text document length specifications. WordTraverse works using Microsoft Word versions 97, 2000, XP, or 2003. It is a perfect fit for medical transcription.
- Ease of Use
- Windows Explorer Style Layout
- High Document Processing Speeds
- Highly Customizable
- Reporting and Invoicing Capabilities
- Intuitive Graphical Interface
- Bulk Document Printing Capabilities
- User Guide with Pictorial Assistance
- Online Help Video Tutorials Accessible at Any Time
- Professional Invoice with Duplex Shading and Customizable company User and Recipient Information
- Highly Accurate Invoicing Calculations
- Multiple Billing Profiles
- User Defined and preset Document Extensions
- Network Friendly
Users may Customize the Line Counting Settings to Their Needs:
- Count Spaces
- Count Returns
- Count Bold Characters
- Count Bold On/Off
- Count Tables
- Count Italic Characters
- Count Italic On/Off
- Count Underlined Characters
- Count Underline On/Off
- Count Superscript
- Count Subscript
Including many more refined reporting options.
Supports all the formats that Microsoft Word can read, in example, WordPerfect 5.x 6.x; Works; Windows Write; etc.
Speedtyping Software for Microsoft Word
Stedmanís Smartype Ė Speedtyping Software for MS Word (2000, 2002/XP and 2003) works seamlessly from within the word processing program, and greatly increases an MTs productivity. It enables users to easily expand characters into words and phrases, reducing overall keystrokes. The result is the MT saves valuable time and thus makes more money.
The new software contains the following:
- Built in vocabulary, including terminology from the Stedmanís Medical Dictionary, thus ensuring comprehensive medical terminology and accuracy;
- Integrates with Microsoft Word 2000 and 2002/XP and 2003
- Ability to customize and add vocabulary including words, phrases, macros, and blocked test;
- Ability to access majority of menu items via keystroke;
- Ability to insert terminology simply by hitting the space bar
The product is a ďmust have" for new as well as veteran MTs and MT students. A productivity enhancing program, the speedtyping software allows an MT to type only a few characters and hit the space bar to insert the entire term or phrase into the medical document.
It increases accuracy, lessens wear and tear on the keyboard and hands and puts fun back into typing.
May be purchased at this website: http://www.dictran.com/smartype.html.
Although there is a host of MT equipment and technology on the market, hopefully the overview of the various standard products available to the MT today, will provide you with an idea of just how much the technology has evolved and the types of products available to assist you in becoming a more productive and marketable MT.
Medical Transcription eBook Contents
- Introduction to Medical Transcription
- Chapter One: Researching Courses and Training Expectations
- Types of Reports the MT Learns to Transcribe
- A Brief Discussion Regarding Equipment
- What to Expect from a Physicianís Dictation
- How to Transcribe: An Initial Primer
- Chapter Two Ė Medical Transcription Schools
- Chapter Three Equipment
- Medical Transcription Software
- Resources for MT Medical Transcription
- Medical Dictionaries
- Medical Spellcheckers
- Medical Transcription Companies
- Professional Associations: Lending Credibility to your Career
- Marketing Your Services to Healthcare Providers
- Related Medical Transcription Resources
Medical transcription at iMedicor